My shopping cart
Your cart is currently empty.Continue Shopping
Getting started with paddle boarding
Paddle boarding is a fun and exciting way to explore the waters around you. To get started, you'll need to select the right board for your size and skill level. You don’t need to buy one right away, you can rent a paddle board first to see what this water sport is all about!
Once you have your board (don’t forget your life vest), it’s time to practice, practice, practice! Here are a few things that will help you to increase your confidence on the water and become a better paddler.
1. Start with a lesson: Taking a lesson from a certified instructor is the best way to learn how to paddle board. An instructor can provide you with the basics of paddle boarding, such as proper stance, how to paddle, and safety tips.
2. Practice: Once you have the basics down, it’s time to get on the water and practice. Start in calm, shallow waters, and as you become more comfortable, you can move to more challenging conditions.
3. Join a paddle boarding group: Joining other paddle boarders is a great way to find new friends who share your passion for the sport. You can learn new techniques, get advice, and even find places to explore with your SUP.
4. Invest in the right equipment: Investing in the right paddle boarding gear is essential for a successful paddle boarding experience. Make sure you have a board that fits your size and skill level, as well as a paddle that is the right length and material for your needs.
5. Have fun: Above all, remember to have fun! Paddle boarding is a great way to get out and explore the outdoors, so enjoy the ride!
We pride in being paddle board experts, so come in and let us help with your questions.
Ready to give it a try? Rent a board
Want to get started? Watch this video on how to paddle board